Dennis Company began as Shepard & Dennis Transfer Company in Raymond, Washington in 1905. We began by selling firewood, coal, block ice, brick and lime. Shepard & Dennis were also involved in the business of piano and furniture moving. Co-Founder, S.L. Dennis became the sole owner in 1919 and purchased the building in Raymond, which we still occupy.
The Pacific County Historical Society and Museum published a detailed history of Dennis Company’s first 100 Years in the Spring/Summer 2005 edition of the Sou’wester. Click here for a more comprehensive look at the history of Dennis Company.