Want to give your bathroom a new look without dishing out loads of cash? While you’re deciding on your decor and selecting a paint color, why not think about preventing one of the most common bathroom problems — mold & mildew growth. Cleaning can remove mold & mildew, but the trick to controlling it is to prevent it before it starts. Follow these steps from the mold & mildew prevention experts at Zinsser:
- Keep airflow constant.
- The combination of hot showers in small spaces creates an ideal environment for the growth of mold & mildew.
- Consider installing an exhaust fan or ceiling fan to improve ventilation in your bathroom. They can increase airflow and significantly slow the growth of mold & mildew.
What if installing a fan isn’t in your budget?
- Leaving your bathroom window slightly open when you shower can also help airflow.
- Eliminate moisture. Stagnant water produces moisture in the air and creates an ideal environment for the growth of mold & mildew.
- Limit excessive moisture by using a dehumidifier and by wiping down shower walls after each use.
- Clean infected areas.
- Use mold & mildew-proof paint.
By using these steps — and following a regular cleaning schedule — you will enjoy a mold & mildew-free bathroom for years to come! For more prevention tips, visit www.zinsser.com